Introduction

I'm a freelance illustrator/designer/art director and if you think I can help with your project, want to offer words of encouragement or simply say hi, feel free to get in touch.

I'm also on Twitter and Facebook. Follow me to find out every time I haul bits of imagination kicking and screaming into reality.

Thursday 27 December 2012

Keef

This image was inspired by some photos of a friend of mine, who currently goes by the pseudonym of SP076 (I'm pretty sure this was his cell number at some point), and his accomplices creating some street art. I thought there was a great contradiction between the flowers in the long grass and the concrete walls that were serving as canvasses. The painting he's working on is in this drawing is actually a photo of his piece. I hope he doesn't sue me.

The pose was derived from an exaggerated version of the stance fine artists adopt when clutching a palette in one hand and expressively slapping paint onto a canvas. I also drew on the movements of  chefs in a kitchen when they get passionately animated and toss ingredients into a lively mix while working on new recipe.  I mean, I know that's not how it really works, I've been in kitchens and from my experience most chefs spend their time grumbling and swearing at waitresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment