Introduction

I'm a freelance illustrator/designer/art director and if you think I can help with your project, want to offer words of encouragement or simply say hi, feel free to get in touch.

I'm also on Twitter and Facebook. Follow me to find out every time I haul bits of imagination kicking and screaming into reality.

Monday 7 December 2015

Akatsuki came back (it just couldn't stay away)

In 2010 the Akatsuki spacecraft launched with the intent of entering the orbit of Venus. It failed, pulling a 'Darth Vader', and spun off into space.

After a staggering recovery manoeuvre over a five year period and several orbits of the sun, the Japanese team managed a second attempt and Akatsuki is now safely orbiting at approximately 10,000 miles above Venus ready to begin its mission.



Well played JAXA! We're just taking this solar system conquering in our stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment